Sunday, November 06, 2016

I'm Bored ~~ A ditty for "Play it Again" challenge

I'm Bored;
I want off this train

I'm bored, I want off this train
This train is going nowhere
Nowhere that I want to go
Please let me off, stop the train 
(Refrain)

The seats are dirty and old
The carpets are soiled with milk
Milk train stops at every town
Stops where I don't want to go
(Refrain)

This train is slow, slowed with age
I'm no spring chicken, I'll go
You ride this train all you want
I'm getting off the next stop
(Refrain)

Refrain:
There's a new train in our town
It takes me where lights are bright
Where I've been wanting to go
I liked you once but no more

_ _ _

Poem copyright, Jimmiehov 2016, All Rights Reserved

Photo is a "Print Screen" copy of Boredom by Kenia Cris found at The Sunday Challenge ~ Featuring Kenia Cris, March 3, 2012, at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads; http://withrealtoads.blogspot.co.za/2012/03/sunday-challenge-featuring-kenia-cris.html

I'm linked today with Kerry O'Conner at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Play It Again, Toads! ; http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/11/play-it-again-toads.html

And again on Tuesday, I linked with Kerry O'Conner at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.  This time for the Tuesday Platform (link).  My train riding can also apply to politics, stay with the system or ride with the supposedly to be new ride.

Notes:
 (1) At "Play it Again" we are to go back to past Garden days and write for one of three suggested posts or another oldie.  I chose to write my poem, "I'm Bored", based on Kenia's art at the first link above.
 (2) Kenia Cris can be found in  various social media places, use Google to find them.  Her poetry currently is to be found here, http://anexerciseonexisting.blogspot.com/
 - Some of her photographic art can be found here, http://kenia-cris.deviantart.com/.

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At Sunday, November 06, 2016 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Add some guitar and a gentle twang and you've got yourself a nice little country song!

 
At Monday, November 07, 2016 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Whistles!!❤️ My goodness, this is absolutely fantastic work Jim :D add in guitar and bass and we have got ourselves a pop hit!❤️

 
At Monday, November 07, 2016 7:13:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I enjoyed this very much, Jim, especially your use of the refrain.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 9:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get on top of it for a new view. Think Polar Express ...

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

Songs seem to lend themselves to travelling -- and a long train ride is just the place to come up with a ditty. Has me thinking about all those cross-country rides I took as a kid...Thanks for sharing.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I am with you, ready to step off the (political) train!!

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:46:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh the boredom... but there are other day when we watch in wonder all the places where we will not go

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:15:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

I still keep hearing this as a song, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:14:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm a spring chicken, and I'm as bored as you are. Let's hope for that new, shiny, promising train... full of adventures and exciting tomorrows.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:21:00 PM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

Sometimes I want to get off the train too...
Kind regards
Anna :o]

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

I feel like this about life ...sometime though....

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2016 5:49:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A delightful ditty!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2016 7:04:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

A new train will certainly address all that one desires. One may not get everything but at least get some major portions which should be enough. One can't help it when an old one can prove to be unsettling!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2016 7:58:00 PM, Blogger lynn__ said...

Boredom can be a good thing...especially when it results in renewed creativity!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I want to ride the train to where the lights are bright.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2016 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Old or new... just get me to where I'm going :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home