Saturday, September 24, 2016

Take a Ride ~~ a Friday Night poem

   [2001 Chevrolet Corvette from M S N  Autos]

Take a Ride

Come take a ride with me
It's Friday night to spend
Would you spend it with me

Let's cruise Main Street tonight
My gas, get you a shake
We can cruise till we tire

Say look at us makin'
Where you can hide we plan
Makin' it makin' out

Let's get wild a wee bit 
We'll hustle us a drag
This Chevy burns rubber

Beats the Fords all but one
We'll win.   The dance is hot
Edge of town music flows

Friday night after that
Can last until the morn
Smiling light Sun is ours

Babe won't you please say yes
You'll take a ride with me
Friday nights can get wild
_ _ _ _

Poem copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
Photo is of a 2001 Chevrolet Corvette from M S N  Autos

I'm linked with







Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, September 25, 2016 1:26:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Babe won't you please say yes
You'll take a ride with me
Friday nights can get wild

This brings it back to the good 'young'days with lots of wishful thinking!

Hank

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:24:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This would make a great song, Jim. I like the upbeat tempo of the lines, and who does not recall the wild times without a touch of nostalgia?

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Whoa, Jim--this is a pretty hot poem--it would make a great song as Kerry says! Thanks! k.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:35:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I like the way it sings a happy song, rather than the gritty one I knew best... Yes it would make a great song.

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:08:00 PM, Blogger  said...

I really like this. :)

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

I echo outlawyer's comment!This poem sizzles. Ooooh, I dig it,

 
At Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Ah, cruisin' - till they barricaded the streets. Can you believe it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home