Saturday, February 27, 2016

My poem 'chickened out' for Sunday-Mini-Challenge (poor chicken)


The Chicken Dinner

T&T Pierrot Grenade** I'm not
His technique I must try to emulate
This said we will cook the chicken tonight

Head under your foot, his legs in your hand
Pull the wagon, kids under das foot
Kids have eyes only for Dad they won't cry

Chicken in two pieces there on the ground
He hops around hopscotch blood squirting high
Call the foxes, they'll eat the chicken raw

Hot dogs for Dad, the kids, and me tonight


 
. . - - - - - 
. Photos and Poems Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
. Tonight I'm linked with
. Gillena also said, " Additionally, your poem, including the title, if there is one, should not exceed 100 words. Lets do this! Have lots of fun!" I'm sitting at 80 words including the title.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

LOL, this gave me a chuckle, Jim.

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 1:17:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha... Good to have those hot dogs ready when the foxes come...

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 4:30:00 AM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

a delicious poem :)

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:47:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

You are a card, Jim!

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:57:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

(✿◠‿◠) sorry the kids had to settle for hot dogs though. Luv me some chicken and fries

Have a great Sunday Jim

much love...

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I've lived this one! Pass the hot dogs!

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 11:15:00 AM, Blogger De Jackson said...

Heehee. Fun stuff.

 
At Sunday, February 28, 2016 1:58:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

LOL, after all that, the ease of hot dogs is a welcome relief!

 
At Monday, February 29, 2016 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

I think I'd eat hot dogs too after all that! Made me chuckle! I still don't have an idea what to write. Lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home