Thursday, February 25, 2016

These Feet -- Foot prints

These Feet 

These feet of mine are resting more now 
More than they ever have before 
I don't tell my age, number's large 
Larger than I care to tell to most 
Just say "OBE", Ausies know 

These feet of mine since nine 
Nine months saw them walking about 
About the house, from the wood box 
Wood box full, cut wood, cooking stove 
Fast learner me the stove got hot 

These feet pedaled my bike to school
From grades one to eight hills and all
Come high school they had needed rest
They nestled in my pony's side
Further to go three mile ride

These feet went to college, no horse
No bike.  This time back on the ground
They learned to march, ROTC
Came Army time, they marched some more
One broke one time, called it 'march foot'

These feet have carried babies five
First came their trips to the alter
Alter paths again they found. Tears
Marching down daughters' feet beside
Not play or trudging along they

These feet had a hard working life
Fixing radars and computers
Held me years more, teaching kids
Play they liked with my kids and spouse
At golf, on skiing, running, kept pace

These feet were told to take some rest
Rest until some day they get laid
Laid on my back, flag on my chest
Busy feet still, new places call
Like years before carrying me

Pictures copyright 2010 (link) bottom,

Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with Hannah at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/02/transforming-with-natures-wonders.htmlwhere her topic is "Footprints"

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, February 27, 2016 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Those feet did a lot a lot. They deserve to become poemed feet

Have a great weekend

Much love...

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 7:25:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I agree that feet can tell a tale all their own.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

Ugh those feet of yours! (Just joking Jim.) What an interesting life you've had! I had to walk to school every day in Indiana and us kids were never overweight. I would of loved to ride a horse to school! Your feet kept busy for sure!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

It's really amazing to think about all of the places feet have gone. Thank you, so much for sharing your view, Jim!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 1:43:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Feet can do so much, and a life is long... imagine all the stories they can tell...

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 2:01:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, you captured a lifetime of work, play, love ~~ love this! From one oldie to another, smiles.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

those who love walking understand that so well...and feet reveal so much of a person...your words are so touching...!

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

You've got the journey of a lifetime expressed in those footprints you've left behind.

 
At Saturday, February 27, 2016 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

These feet carry us a long way. I have never appreciated how hard they and my legs and knees worked till my left leg gave out. Loved the story of where your feet have been, kiddo.

 
At Monday, February 29, 2016 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Perhaps the hardest working part of our bodies - our feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home