Sunday, April 19, 2015

One legged goose to ... ― Day 19 of NaPoWriMo 2015

Karin Gustafson choose our writing prompt today. She said, "... my prompt for today is the idea of half. There are many ways to think of half: half is better than none. Split the baby down the middle. (Yikes!) Your better half, your other half, your lighter half, a half of a conversation, a pie, or cantaloupe." And then she showed us a picture of her half tree.

I have picked through my pictures until I found five fairly decent ones showing a half of something, or I think it might be a half.  Then I guessed the worth with only half of the object there now. You can guess too, yours might be better than mine.  It is fair to click on the picture to make it larger.  Some get larger still if you click again.

 Going Half

Half is better than none, or so they say
Others will argue, "It's all or nothing."

So I'll tell you what I have been thinking.
It all depends.  On what's been divided.

Half a goose, about as good as a whole.
Especially if half's a missing leg.

My friend lost a sandal, still had one left.
What good is it having only one shoe?
If you're a bird and have half an island.
It's still an island, only half as large.
T
And if you are a dog with half a flea.
Then the flea is dead and can't bite at all.
Or if your building is only half  there.
The rain will come in, worthless ruins.. . . _ _ _

Photos and Poem copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I am linked with Karin Gustafson  at Read Toads, Going Halvsies! (19th Day of April)

and  NaPoWriMo 2015both for Day 19 of National Poem Writing Month

What my 2013 pictures are, top to bottom: (click on them for larger size)
 
1.  Hyde Park, London, on a hot July day
2.  a clever door stop at a shop somewhere in London
3.  Regent's Park, London, Karen, KP, and I rented a peddle paddle boat
4.  a not too mangy dog in Istanbul, Turkey
5.  the Acropolis in Athens, Greece

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:40:00 PM, Blogger shadowprancer said...

Love how you made a landay for each photo. Great idea!

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love all your halves and the humor..and the photos are gorgeous

 
At Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:55:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Love it, and I fully agree.. (Unless I'm a flea)

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took a walk down the same kind of roads today, I think... Though mine ended with alcohol and yours remained philosophically humorous. Really enjoyed this!

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 1:25:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed your 'halves' very much. :)

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha! Hi Jim--I agree with most though not sure the Goose or the Greeks would agree--maybe the acropolis not such a great shelter from the rain, but a very full (and beautiful) ruin! Thanks very much for participating and thanks for the great photos too. K. (Manicddaily)

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 2:42:00 PM, Blogger ZQ said...

Yup! You're right on all of them :-)
ZQ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home