Monday, April 06, 2015

Making a Star - Day 6 of NaPoWriMo 2015

Did you ever make a star?

Did you ever make a star?
Not possible says you, only God can make a tree.
Or a star?
Like my buddy, B. C. aptly said, it all depends.
Depends on the meaning of the word "star".
 
Well, did you?
And if you did, do you remember when, why, and how?
Tell us, tell us.
Please give us some encouragement.
 
Okay, my stars are five pointers.
God's stars are dependent upon the eyes of the seeker.
Also if a telescope is used, the power of that machine.
To tell my view, the real stars
that are made by God have no points. 
Only man with imperfect eyes
will infuse beams of light.
 
How do you make your star, tell us please.
 
Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.

First draw five fairly equal-distant points
in circle fashion on your paper.
Then draw lines between each point, skipping one. 
Should be five.
Voila, 
a five pointed star.
Add color and decorations as you please.

I don't remember why or how I made a star like this.  But I have been proud of them ever since.  And I loved to share my knowledge.  I am sure it was at school at an early grade.  And I know my teacher was very proud along with me. 

p.s. I make 'boxes' too, when I doodle.  And my stars are drawn freehand.  The point dots are and probably always were, only placed in my mind.  As are and always were your stars like mine.

Do you remember your first?


.
 - - - - -

Photo and Poem Copyright
©  2014 and 2015 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved  
I am linked today with Outlawyer at the

with Day 6 of Poems in April at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads and
also Day 6 of NaPoWriMo 2015
Notes:
1.  For a scientific explanation of how a star is born to read, check this site:

2. a couple of my other "Star" posts: (you may have read these)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:12:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

In answer t your comment on mine, this held my interest! I like the glimpse of the little boy drawing five-pointed stars, and the comparison with the ones God makes.

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:15:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I can draw this star without lifting the pen from the page! An achievement I was very proud of when I figured out how to do it. As children, we all liked to be a star in the teacher's eye.

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:18:00 AM, Blogger Ella said...

I love this one-Jim! Reminding us of those days, when simple achievements were stellar~
Lovely

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:00:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

I still draw them as doodles ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home