Saturday, February 12, 2022

Sunday Muse -- My Love

     Unlike the Cats 

Kitten*, you've nine lives seven yet to spare 
I don't count my lives instead I count loves 
So far I've had three sweet and romantic 
For a moment, Kitten, I'll tell you those 

"Burning Love" Art by Diggie Vitt

My first love we "set the woods on fire" *
Our burning flames "couldn't get much higher" *
Fires can't burn forever even love's 
And when those burning  flames went out we crashed 



By Ralf Czekalla & Art 

Came a love flooded with admiration 
She loved my uniform called me flyer 
Flew up the hills down into the valleys 
Love dripping from the sky falling on us 



Degreed and holding good jobs met at work 
Cubicles abutting played footsie 'neath 
Peers called us "love birds with spouses at home" 
That world came crashing down sunk in the mire 


"Waiting for Better Days" by Matthias-Haker 

Kitten*, I know better days soon will come 
I like you a lot might they be with you 

* Notes: (1) "Light my Fire" by the Doors, (click Listen/Lyrics also ?)
             (2)  "Kitten" use here is as a term of affection
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Prompt Photos courtesy of Carrie at The Sunday Muse #198,  
.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Saturday, February 12, 2022 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

A great love indeed Jim! You fancy pants you and all the images!! Awesome use of the photos with heartfelt poetic memories.

 
At Sunday, February 13, 2022 6:24:00 AM, Blogger qbit said...

Nice journey through all the images. Love will find a way, right?

 
At Sunday, February 13, 2022 8:00:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Love the idea of counting loves! And what a marvelous end.

 
At Sunday, February 13, 2022 8:34:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

You know, so much wisdom comes with aging .. so much processing of our lives and loves .. decisions, mistakes, successes ~~ I really enjoyed this, Jim.

 
At Sunday, February 13, 2022 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice how you shared those love tales with kitten. Sorry was i eaves dropping😊

Much love

 
At Monday, February 14, 2022 8:44:00 AM, Blogger rudraprayaga said...

Lovely lines. Yes, let us also hope better days soon will come.

 
At Monday, February 14, 2022 4:48:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

Very creative use of the photos, Jim, to describe different women he's been with. Seems like the ladies should shy away from this heartbreaker.

 
At Friday, February 18, 2022 7:37:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I like your thoughts relayed to the kitten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home