Thursday, February 07, 2019

Something, a Thursday Poem

Something goaded me 

Something here is making me itch
Be it your polished lips of red
Your face so pretty when you smile
Down, little right toe saved for your best
Something goaded me, love bug bites

Something here makes me itch big time
Not just your looks though I wouldn't trade
It's the all of you the inside and out
Best all your mind, your wit, your you
Love bug bit me I'll scratch this itch

And if it keeps biting me then
Then I'll ask, "Will you marry me?"
 _ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Outlawyer, aka Karin, in the Imaginary Garden at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/02/toads-manicddaily-karin-gustafson-here.html

 - Today we were asked to write of the moment, at the moment.  I had both feet on the floor this morning when this bug goaded me.  I wrote the first three lines but finished now.   Additionally it was to be a rhyming or metered poem or both.  Possibly good enough to be sung.  
 - This one's last words I sing quite regularly, I have picked up this thing of asking Mrs. Jim most every day (I miss a few), "Will you marry me?"  She generally says yes in her smiling way, but then my second question she won't.  
 - That question is, "Will you renew your wedding vows with me?" 

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:36:00 PM, Blogger annell4 said...

TC, Jim!! Too Cute!! Love bugs and bed bugs...and chiggers.

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:37:00 PM, Blogger annell4 said...

Thanks for your comment Jim, good to know what you do, when you are up and about in the middle of the night!!

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2019 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Awww- this made me smile!

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2019 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

The best bug to have!

 
At Friday, February 08, 2019 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Mrs Jim gets proposed to every day! How wonderful! That must make her feel very loved.

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:14:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This is so sweet, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home