Friday, January 18, 2019

The elusive man never seen -- a Poem

Thou Fat Man, a Cryptid?
doest thou really cometh
[see below for Cryptid definition]

The children are making their lists
the Mothers are getting rest
For once kids are good to behold
They perch quietly to hear more

Come November late October
Standing in line, parents in tow
waiting their chance to tell the man
He's dressed in red does all he can

Tries to make them think he is real
He's fake and most for that don't fall
Real Mr. Claus lives far away
Has never been seen, that we say
_ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018 (Santas) and 2019 (Poem), All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with
 - and also with 
  [larger? click on picture]
Isadora's words: "Getting comfy with less popular (emphasis mine) cryptids
A cryptid is an animal presumed to exist by people, even though there is no valid scientific evidence to prove it is real. And oh sure…there are a few that come to mind right away: bigfoot, the lochness monster, yeti, chupacabra. Those cryptids get all the attention, all the fan fare."

My Santa Claus is very well known, yet not ever seen my man.  He came to mind tonight and I can't get rid of his image until I wrote this little ditty here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, January 19, 2019 4:50:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Typical of uncouth mankind to combine pagan rutuals with Christian belief, there would be much profit in Christmas if they hadn't!

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:50:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think this is someone we all want to believe in.

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:13:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Unique choice, Jim. I like it!

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2019 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Ha! I love the title particularly. It's a delightful read, Jim. :-)

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I have to smile at the idea of Santa as cryptid. Rather apt, Jim!

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...


"The real Mr. Claus has never been seen." I believe that!

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such a delightful read, Jim! ❤️

 
At Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:33:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Trying to think way back to my childhood I do not beleive I ever thought he was real but just played along to satisfy my gullible parents!

 
At Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:33:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I was in the seventh grade. After our annual Christmas play and singing production Santa came before THE, an eight-grades one-room country school house, (the) teacher and kids opened presents. I was sitting on Santa's lap talking with him anf d HE spilled the beans. He asked me, "Didn't I see you playing down by my lake a couple of weeks ago?" "Who was this guy? Oh yes, my accross-the-road neighbor, Mr. Finch " Dah.
..

 
At Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

Why do we perpetuate the Santa Claus story? Because playing Santa Claus is fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home