Sunday, December 30, 2018

a Poem (I hope) using some Russian Slang

Appy polly loggy
 
Appy polly loggy to Baboochka
Baboochka Dear I am sorry you blub
You are not a devotchka anymore
 
I hurt your feelings now I am sorry
I wish to make amends please forgive me
Dorogoy to me ljublju so very much
_ _ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved - I'm linked with Bjorn in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/12/dorogoy-droogs-come-clockwork-orange.html 

 - Bjorn wishes for us to write using a Russian slang which he found from researching his "Clockwork Orange" book.  You might like to see what I am trying to do at his link above.  I would rather have written it in Pig Latin or German but that was not "Slang" which the Russian is. (Hint, click on a link there called "Appendix")

 - For an interpretation highlight the blank area below until you reach the line entitled, "Labels:"
Apology
 
Apology to grandmother
Grandmother dear I am sorry you cry
You are not young a woman anymore

I hurt your feelings now I am sorry
I wish to make amends please forgive me
Dear to me I love you so very much

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, December 30, 2018 7:46:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Oh, what a difficult task. Looks like you had a good time!!

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Grandmothers usually are very forgiving towards their grandkids.

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:51:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Fun write Jim. You did a most excellent job.

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 10:28:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh love this kinder version of the use of the nadsat wordings... maybe when kids get older they get more considerate.

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2018 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Goodness..I could barely create any slang in English

 
At Monday, December 31, 2018 4:17:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Well there is certainly sincerity in the apology. However grandmas love usually forgives all her grandchildren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home