Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tuesday Platform ~~ a poem, "I missed ... "


I missed the party

I missed the party this week
Purple tinge of lavender
'Twas invitation for me
What was I doing, don't know

I missed the fun place this week
They are coming home today
Costumes galore, I was masked
But I didn't come, poor me

I missed the party for sure
'Twas like college days of old
Took the streets, we called them ours
This time, with signs, my voice, quiet

I missed the party this week
Fun filled, messages to tell
We are the majority
Our voices need to be heard

I missed the ... (more still in draft)
_ _ _

Picture and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2017, All Rights Reserved

Picture and this week's "The Tuesday Platform" were linked with Marian and the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-tuesday-platform_24.html

This is in relation to and with A BIG THANK YOU, LADIES!!! for their valiant March last Saturday, after our U.S. Presidential Election.  They marched literally all over the world, in large cities and small towns.  Perhaps your friends did, some of mine marched.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm right with you, Jim. I missed the party, but feel the pride of seeing so many women reminding the status quo that we won't keep our mouths shut. It's terrible that our government works in the way it does, that the voice of the people doesn't truly have the power it should.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Happy for those women voicing their issues, oiling the wheels of democracy

much love...

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:11:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

But how our hearts swelled as we watched them marching, those who were able!

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:30:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I will knit myself a cap... I think the march will continue.. there are facts to defend against the alternated ones.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

More! More! Those morticians... I mean politicians.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is a scary time. I've never been a political person, and I wish I could go back to being apathetic. But I can't. Sigh...

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I wasn't able to go to the party, but my words are part of history. Thanks for writing this Jim...

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

I was so lucky to be able to go with my husband and daughters. It was so heartening. I am sure there will be more-- both poetry and marches. Thanks for your poem and your more-- take care, k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home