Sailor prompted poem --
A Happy Sailor's Girl
A sailor's girl in every port
That is what the old maxim states
That fellow I've always envied
(Is it flip-flopped now, fem-days' call?)
For moi I've one girl at each port
Travels with me where e're I go
Even to earth's chilly bottom
Side by side we feed the Penguins
- - -
- Side Picture and Poem Copyright, Ó Jimmiehov 2017, All Rights Reserved
- I'm linking to Kerry O'Connor's post, "Play it Again" at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads: http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/01/play-it-again.html. One of the options was to write a "Flash 55" poem (has 55 words -- this one has with the title).
- Cute WWII era Photo below from "Fireblossom Friday" at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/01/fireblossom-friday-escape-to-past.html
- 1. We have just finished a 31 day Princess cruise, from L.A. to Rio de Janeiro, from December 4 to January 4. One of our stops was at the Falkland Islands to visit the Penguins. No, we were not allowed to feed them but we were able to be VERY close. You can read more about this fun cruise as my writing progresses through the next few months at "Jim's Little Blog", http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search/label/2016%20South%20America
- 2. I ask forgiveness for all who have read my few posts while cruising and then OF COURSE the time elapsed for returning your nice comments. Thank you all.
- 3. One more thing, Mrs. Jim had an unmentionable numbered birthday on January 1st. The table waiters and I all sang the birthday song to her. (I did not forget to get her a card before we left to open that day--I haven't forgotten in all the 44 years we have been married.)
- 4. You probably already knew that Penguin couples stay together for life most times. Each time for babies, they take turns sitting on the egg (not really a nest, just on the ground). They also share feeding and watching.
When one goes to eat, by catching a fish along the shore, the other is always on the job minding family matters. Mrs. Jim's and my marriage has pretty well been like. Most times I do my own clothes washing, most times do the vacuuming, and often prepare meals. Mine are the man kind, hot dogs, a nice deli sandwich, etc.