Sunday, April 21, 2013

One Single Impression: Twilight / !!! HAPPY EARTH DAY !!!

.

.
Twilight

greying rapidly
wrinkles taken for granted
darkness is coming

- - - - - -

Photos and Poem Copyright
© 2013 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


Find more poems using the prompt word, "Twilight," at One Single Impression.
Also shared and listed with Real Toads Open Link Monday


Monday Note:  !!! HAPPY EARTH DAY !!!

1.  I believe that God has ready for us life on the other side of that darkness. And for the pictured property over by our Post Office (Willis, Texas) as He made us stewards of our earth and all that is in an on our planet.

2.  STEWARDS:We are stewards of God's earth, ruling over that which is not ours. "You [God] made humans ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under our feet: All flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas," Ps 8:6-8. (more of God's plan for us and His earth link)
3.  I am celebrating EARTH DAY over on my FaceBook page.

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:17:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Uh oh... "wrinkles taken for granted" Ouch... It's ageing gracefully, Dr Jim :)

 
At Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Loch Rob said...

I agree with the wrinkles comment! Not much I can do about it anyway. Nicely written Jim. Darkness indeed. I appreciate your comments on my post. Rob.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 2:15:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

I like day and life together in this.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 6:09:00 AM, Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wrinkled is not what I wanted to be when I grew up. Ha... Love that sign. Love your poem but I prefer to think of the end as the beginning of being in the light.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Oh, let us enjoy both wrinkles and darkness! I think you do, Jim.

wonderful poem.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Earth Day! Love the poem and photograph!

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Relevant ... on so many levels!!!

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Laurie Kolp said...

Happy Earth Day... and I agree with you. Thanks for visiting my Pulitzer Remix site... your comment cracked me up.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 3:39:00 PM, Blogger Maggie Grace said...

I took it to mean acceptance of what was. Very nice.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 4:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this. It says so much, so succinctly.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

beautiful!

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 8:14:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

I forget the actual day and moment when I knew for sure that "darkness is coming" but it was a while after the grey hair and wrinkles arrived.... excellent poem,,,

 
At Monday, April 22, 2013 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

darkness or the light. Depend how one looks at it. :) Wrinkles and greying - well, that has more to do with acceptance than anticipation!

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, that lovely old house, gradually returning to the earth. What a wonderful photo, Jim.
And I can accept grey hair, but for some reason I'm resentful about wrinkles.
So nice to see you here at the Imaginary Garden lately.
K

 
At Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Lady In Read said...

gray hair, wrinkles - they will all come, and so will the beauty of twilight:)
great photo and words

 

Post a Comment

<< Home