Sunday, April 14, 2013

One Single Impression: Please

.
 
Please Dear God

Please Dear God, won't you send me
Send me a sparkling new home
One with windows fine and clear
A wooden floor with no dirt
 
Please Dear God, I need a truck
Bright and red, a Chevrolet
One to pull my trailer fast
The trailer too needs some tires
 
Please Dear God, my van is broke
But this time I'd like a car
A shiny one, maybe black
New Mustang or Cadillac
 
 

Please Dear God, our pastor's poor
Our tithes are small, sometimes slow
He needs milk for his porridge
Bread and beans for his children

 

Please Dear God, our children walk
They need a little pony
He can be dappled or plain
He'd best run fast, never trot



Please Dear God, I'd like to move
Move me to a pretty town
Where grass is green, trees are tall
With sidewalks smooth for the kids
 

 
Please Dear God, I've laid my needs
Like dominoes spread out straight
I'm not asking for money
Just house, pony, car and truck
 
My needs are plain can You see?
Some for pastor and his kids
Our children a place for them
Just simple things, please Dear God
 
- - - - - -

Photos and Poem Copyright
© 2013 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved

Find more poems using the prompt word, "Please," at One Single Impression.
Also shared and listed with Real Toads Open Link Monday

 

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Monday, April 15, 2013 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Amrit Sinha said...

Simple things indeed :-) I guess God listens to everyone, only when the right time comes :-)

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Vinay Leo R. said...

I pray God listens to all these simple things... I'm sure he does, but he gives them slowly. :) Like GS says, when the right time comes!

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 11:02:00 AM, Blogger LLM Calling said...

oh yes, Ireally like this

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

... let's hope he is listening.

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

In His time, too often we are impatient. May I unclutter my life and seek the simple things.

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

Well said, Jim, although I'm not sure how God would feel about the Mustang.
K

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

when wishes become gentle prayers for sustenance... may mercy flow.

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

From dirt floor to a Mystsng or Cadillac. I like how that was snuck in. Ha

 
At Monday, April 15, 2013 6:29:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Fair requests no doubt,, one growing a bit shinier after the other,,but one still hopes this person gets the most important prayers met. I like this,,it's very unique.

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:40:00 AM, Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

Cargo Cult? What fair and reasonable God could turn you down?

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ask and ye shall receive... :-)

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:29:00 AM, Blogger Kathie Brown said...

A bit of irony going on here I see!

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:05:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Please Dear God. Thank you, Lord! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home