Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Single Impression: Embroidery

.

Embroidery

The writing's on the wall,
it's inevitable.
It's written on my bed,
it's insurmountable.

Did the ladies craft it
or was it China made?
Criss cross, best art of all,
now hail to the Queen!

- - -

Poem and Photo Copyright
© 2013 Jimmiehov

All Rights Reserved


The picture: I took my picture of this original art at the M&M Store in London (U.K.).  You guessed then, it is a mosaic made of brightly colored M&Ms.  Even so, I didn't like it.  I didn't even sniff around to see if it was for sale or a store decoration fixture.
The prompt word, 'Embroidery,' was provided by Gillena Cox of Lunch Break 
Find more poems using ''heart" prompt word at
One Single Impression.
Shared with Real Toads Open Link Monday

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Amrit Sinha said...

Good one :-) but I guess you could have tried it !!!

 
At Monday, February 18, 2013 1:25:00 AM, Blogger vivinfrance said...

Jim, this made me laugh. I wouldn't have been able to resist having a nibble! Mine is life writing, like yours: http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/embroidery/

 
At Monday, February 18, 2013 2:55:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Ah, the many colours of my country ;-)

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:33:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

Another great poem here Jim. Enjoyed visiting your place always.

 
At Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:56:00 AM, Blogger Jinksy said...

Reminds me of a saying around here - "Blow your union, Jack! Mine's alright - pull up the rowboat!"

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:17:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Wow! The photo matches the title Embroidery very well, Dr Jim :)

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Hey, Jim. Very interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home