Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Single Impression: Angel

Angels on My List

My angel waits above my head in bay
I know she does, she's my protective marm
I pray to God I need her watching way
like moms of old she saves me from all harm

My angel lives with me she is my spouse
Pretty for me and queen of mine so sweet
I love her all, hands to feet, heart and soul
the greatest gal that I could ever meet

My angel lives with me my little child
This kid is smart and quick she's always near
she follows me around puppy dog style
I love my angel small this little dear

So now you know exactly what it takes
my angel list is short but hard to make

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


I'm back and should be reading your poems and returning your comments. My other blog is in slow motion (link) but I will try to practice blogging etiquite here. I have a lot to do catching up for the holiday time off.
Mrs. Jim is still in London with Karen and KP until August 4 doing Granny Nanny duty.

Prompt word, Angel was suggested by Meduri at The Land of Dreams...!!!
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "angel" as prompt

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Please remember that when I write it isn't ALL me talking in the present. It is my poet, who may write from my past memories, fantasies, desires, etc.

The poet here has a little one living with him/her but my children are all grown and gone. And my grandchildren are either grown or are living with their parents. Thank God for that.

You could be this person; you may have these three angels. Or have had them.
..

 
At Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:45:00 PM, Anonymous Married To Singaporean said...

Great, angels, lovely angels...your poem is great, I ma touched, don't know what else to say, but not everyone in life have their lucky angels...

 
At Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Vinay Leo R. said...

hi Jim.. yes, a lovely work of art, this poem...

three angels indeed.. i've 3 too :) mom, sis and one that watches me from above!

like the poem a lot.

i remember you contributing at Haiku Bones a few times :) do drop by at Haiku Heights too :) i'm trying to pick up where they left off..

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Oh Jim!

I have I have three angles too. Two can be seen on my blog on page 'Fruits'

Third one like you said above me.

A beautiful poem.

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Amity said...

Wow...a beautiful tribute to all your angels in life...:-)

Hmmmm...they maybe my angels too...are angels all female? I wish a male angel also???

Lovely take Jim! Loved it!

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:43:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

You can't get better angels than those.

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Loch Rob said...

Jim, I think you stayed up later than me last night. I really enjoyed your poem. It aptly describes the blessing we have in our lives with our angels. How blessed can we be? Thank you for brightening my morning.

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:17:00 AM, Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I loved all the angels..

angular angels

Also don't forget to get aboard the Poetry Train on Monday mornings!

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh....how sweet Jim! To be blessed with all your angels indeed! YOU are a lucky man! And welcome home!

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Sandra.if said...

it is so true and sweet...!

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:15:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Very loving and beautiful poem, Jim. Thanks.

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

How sweet this is! Love the angels and the goodness they shower on you!

 
At Monday, July 26, 2010 12:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelic is in the air!:D Wonderful poem and three beautiful and lovely angels=P, Thank for sharing this:D

 
At Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:59:00 AM, Blogger Rigel said...

Ooh! Wonderful poem, Jim.

My inner poet writes from distant futures. Paradoxes -- all that could be, would be, and might be. :)

 
At Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:45:00 PM, Anonymous Jingle said...

love your angel,
beautiful job!

 
At Friday, July 30, 2010 10:22:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

Hi Jim,

This is a beautiful poem. You must have some lovely angels in your life. Thanks for sharing this. Sorry I'm a bit late reading your poem. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home