Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Single Impression: Overt


.............Bright............and............Dismall............

Brothers: Overt and Covert

Once there were two brothers of Wright
they were different as night and day
Fred was always dapper and bright
Ted was quiet, loved wearing grey

Fred was open, always forthright
ask him he'd tell your answer plain
but Ted talked in riddles not right
kept his thoughts inside how insane

Died years ago now with the ants
shared their tombstone aptly inscribed
Fred--open frank and apparent
Ted--hidden secret and disguised

Depends on how you write your book
do you want your friend's second look


Photos and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved

I will try to read your poems and return your comments. If I don't, please forgive me. Mrs. Jim and I are still on holiday. Now we are in London visiting Karen, Billy, and KP who have moved here.

Prompt word, Overt, suggested by Gautami at Rooted
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "Overt" as prompt

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:27:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Good one Jim! I liked it- shows how 2 sibings can be so very different; and I sure get that with my sister. And thanks for the comment and invitation. You just never know... lol!! Have a great day!

 
At Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Julie Jordan Scott said...

I love these two characters. I think I am a little bit of both. Your rhyme scheme made it especially fun and playful to read aloud.

THANK YOU!

My Overt Poem may be read here.

 
At Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I enjoyed this - gives a clear picture of the difference between the overt/covert and it's written in a clever fashion!

 
At Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good poem. Hey, enjoy yourselves, and take lots of photo!

 
At Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:45:00 PM, Blogger Tammie Lee said...

such a wonderful take on this prompt, so fun. Thank you Jim.

 
At Friday, July 16, 2010 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Loch Rob said...

Hi Jim,

Your poem has me smiling this afternoon. Living in the Dayton area, I have an appreciation for the Wright Brothers for sure. My best, Rob.

 
At Friday, July 16, 2010 8:15:00 PM, Blogger Amity said...

interesting story written in a poem Jim...:-)

cute and i could only smile...and yes, sometimes I am a like Fred and at times like Ted...:-)

Thanks for coming up with a beautiful take on last Sunday's prompt...I thought you will be absent again like last week?

have a great weekend Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home