Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Blahs -- MidWeek Blues -- The birds and the grub


The birds. Why would this picture make me blue? Or make anybody blue? Well, may be it wouldn't. This just isn't my idea of escaping the harsh Midwestern winters.

The birds? We call them snow birds. They come down here in the warm when it is snowy and cold up north. They bring their own homes (make their own nests). They blend in when there isn't anything doing with 'their kind.'


The grub? Birds must eat. One reason they like it here is because of the proximity to the necessities, such as groceries and gasoline. This shopping center is six miles east on the Interstate Highway, IH-45.

And I say 'here' because the RV trailer park is less than a mile on east from our home. It generally fills in the winter.

The Blahs? Definition # 2 : plural [perhaps influenced in meaning by blasé] : a feeling of boredom, lethargy, or general dissatisfaction


- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo here. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did.
.
Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:49:00 PM, Anonymous Happily Retired Gal said...

It looks like a lovely spot for 'snowbirds' to escape harsh winters and enjoy their RV life away from home. Somehow BLUE never makes ME feel 'blah' ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:53:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

Oh and I can get my nails done too. I can come visit you as well. Oh wait, I live in sunny California. I'd rather do my camping on a boat anyway.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:57:00 PM, Blogger aurbie said...

Looks like a great little town you have there. No 'blah' in your blue for me. Great photos.

I love your portrait. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. I am following you now.

 
At Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim - oh how I can relate to this one! We live near Pismo Beach, RV heaven...

We especially get the folks from the central valley where high temps force them to flee en masse. Swimming in the ocean when it's 50 degrees? No problem...especially when your shoes are melting on the street, lol.

Thanks for this midweek blues entry - the photos fit perfectly! Nice!

 
At Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Never been an RVer myself or have any interest to be one. But they do pick a lovely spot to settle in for a while.

Your posts are always amusing!

 
At Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:48:00 PM, Blogger Kranky Granny said...

My goodness! You have a Kroger store. We use to and they all closed eons ago. I did not know they still existed.

Great midweek blues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home