Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The French like Blue -- MidWeek Blues -- Blue shutters

Especially their shutters. They have been blue for a long, long time.


[large picture] [super sized]

It doesn't seem to make the French feel blue. Well, maybe this is different for the artists, some get real moody or worse.

We found this original in the Lautrec Museum in Albi, France. It is by Paul Cézanne (1839 to 1906) and yes, he was pretty quirky. (
Cézanne Wikipedia link)

In just a lot of his pictures you can see Mont Sainte-Victoire as in this one. It is a mountain in Provence, France. Cézanne can see the whole view of the mountain from his house near Aix-en-Provence. He drew a series of oil paintings about or using his favorite mountain of his.

The blue colour on his mountains is supposed to be an impression of air. I'm not at all knowing what that signifies. Do you?






[large picture] [super sized] [clicking on any picture will get the large size]

Even the sky is blue in France, bluer than most of the U.S. except perhaps the Texas skies. Pictured is son, Tim. Tim went with Mrs. Jim and I to Spain, France, Andorra, and Belgium on our Spring 2009 European Holiday. (link to posts so far)
.











There aren't any blue shutters in this last picture but Mrs. Jim really likes these Citroën 2cv cars. She likes blue ones too and would drive one around here if I would get her one.
.
I have a blue Citroën in much better shape than this one. I am saving it in case I want to do mischief with it. Have to plan my escape route carefully, their top speed is 40 mph. Mine is a 1:18 scale diecast from Solido (
link for a grey one). I bought it in France back in 1992.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo below. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did.

Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great MidWeek Blues post, I love Citroens! Thank you for your visit to my blog also.

 
At Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Suburban Girl said...

So nice! I've never been to France. I would love those blue shutters for sure! Love seeing the pics from your trip.

Thanks for playing!

 
At Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Kranky Granny said...

You make a great tour guide. I enjoyed my visit.

It is the only way I will ever get to France.

Thanks for taking me along.


You many want to check out the meme called "My World Tuesday" since you do such a great job as guide. Link is on my blog.

 
At Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Kat Mortensen said...

I realize this is France, but I'm reminded of Cleopatra's 'white-washed wall'.

Kat

 
At Friday, July 31, 2009 10:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic pics...

 
At Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:27:00 PM, Anonymous if said...

very beautiful.....as if they are searching for heaven!

 
At Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like what you do here but since this is my first visit I am not sure this is what you do all the time. I like your photos and the one car looks like something I have seen in French movies. I am not sure I could drive a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Anyway, if I can find the road I will try to get back here.

Now, you and your friends can help me Make History. I am trying to see if it is possible to get 10,000 visitors in a short period of time on my new blog, Pick a Peck of Pixels. If you go there, please either become a Follower or leave a comment. You can come back each day to see and read something new. Your visit will count and help me Make History.
Pick a Peck of Pixels

 
At Wednesday, September 02, 2009 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Great photos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home