Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Single Impression: Childhood Memories









Childhood Memories

memories here of my childhood
farm boy trying to recall
I can not remember much

in our model "A" Ford coupe
riding on the package shelf
on to grandma's place we go

while my mom her work not done
washing little family's clothes
played and played in grandma's grove

sitting there out on the porch
exploring some newly found
loving all my grandma's help

when new car we were to get
grandma heard it first from me
whipping from my pop I got

mom and dad were shucking corn
grandpa's trailer trailed behind
for me playing in the corn

memories these of my childhood
preschool no more I recall
till six can't remember much

all there is for you to know

Copyright © 2008 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved

.

Tag: One Single Impression
prompted today by Geraldine (thank you) My Poetic Path

Tag:
Jim's OSI

Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Dégas
The same goes for my poetry attempts (don't know how, but I enjoy it!).

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, November 23, 2008 1:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure felt good to know..

:D


alpha and omega

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:58:00 AM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for sharing what you recall! Grandma sure was special. Fun stuff here, Jim. Thanks.

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:29:00 AM, Blogger barbs.haiku said...

whipping from your pop you got? Oh no, Jim!

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these nice little nuggets of memory!

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:53:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Some great memories. I could feel I was almost there with you.

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Sandee said...

I miss both my grandmas. Looks like we came from the same ilk. Following the crops. Have a great day Jim. :)

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Geraldine said...

Ahhhh...such a nice walk down memory lane (except for the 'licking')

 
At Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Edward S Gault said...

Some of my best childhood memories were made while at my grandparents.
Excellent poem.

 
At Monday, November 24, 2008 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Nice pieces posted here! They all stir memories for your readers...

 
At Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the glimpse... a most enjoyable read...

 
At Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Kathie Brown said...

Jim, interesting phrasing there. Good memories mixed with bad. I suppose we all have some of those. I've had my hide tanned a few times too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home