Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Blaze -- a Write for NaPoWriMo 2024 Day 30 and for dVerse Poetics #200

[dense blazing star - Wild left, garden right, settings]

 Dense Blazing Star, et al 

"Liatris spicata" 
"dense blazing star" 
"prairie feather" 
"gayfeather" or
"button snakewort"

What is in a name 
No matter what's said 
I'd recognize you 
by your blazing heads 

You're "a herbaceous perennial flowering plant in the family Asteraceae. It is native to eastern North America" 
 _ _ _  

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo from a googling search (see the similar Bing & AI below) 
 - Verse in quotes from Wikipedia (a similar search by Bing & AI, (URL)
 - I am linked with Mish at dVerse Poetics "200 at 
a 44 word poem, requested us to use "Blaze", or derivative, in the poem 
 - Click here to see and read what others have written
 - I am also linked with NaPoWriMo 2024 Day 30 
.. 

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, April 29, 2024 5:51:00 PM, Anonymous Mish said...

How nice to bring this blazing beauty into a quadrille. I wasn't aware of it's name, but have seen them. Would love to plant some if my yard wasn't so shady.

 
At Monday, April 29, 2024 7:03:00 PM, Anonymous Maria L. Berg said...

I like how the two stanzas work together.

 
At Monday, April 29, 2024 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Ali said...

I can see why that color would catch your eye and set your heart ablaze. Nicely done.

 
At Tuesday, April 30, 2024 1:25:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Wonderful flowers... I have not seen them here.

 
At Tuesday, April 30, 2024 2:52:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I enjoyed your tribute to an amazing flower, Jim. I'd like some of those in our wild garden - they leap out at you in shape and colour.

 
At Tuesday, April 30, 2024 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

These lovely flowers remind me of the baby-bottle brushes way back in the 60s! Cheers.

 
At Wednesday, May 01, 2024 2:14:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm glad to see your blazing flower, in both pictures and words! It was very nice to spend April with you.

 
At Wednesday, May 01, 2024 6:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rosemary. You are one of my mentors. I didn't mention names in my NaPoWriMo cudo because I was afraid I would leave someone left out.
..

 
At Wednesday, May 01, 2024 6:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric here. Nice descriptive. Impressive flowers

 
At Thursday, May 02, 2024 1:08:00 PM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

Wow... such beautiful flowers, Jim!

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Thursday, May 02, 2024 9:22:00 PM, Blogger Nicole Horlings said...

"What is in a name
No matter what's said
I'd recognize you
by your blazing heads"
- great verse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home