Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Weekly Scribblings - Cat Play


I see you over there 
Trying to be left alone 
Quiet 
But that won't happen today 

Daddy wants to play 
That's the fun of you around 
My two fingers walking 
Stealth 
I'm coming to get you good 

Sneak up
You don't know when 
Bite your ear 
Tickle your neck 
Scratch your back 
I'm coming to get you good 

Make you purr 
Smile your sly way 
Rub my leg 
Ask for more 
You will want to play 


You don't know when 
It won't be long 
I'm coming 
to get you good

 - - - 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved  
 - I'm linked with Magaly Guerrero for prompt ideas.  Go there, see what others have written, Weekly Scribblings #88, . https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/09/weekly-scribblings-88-equinox.html
 - Magaly asks us "to write poetry or prose which includes one (or all 3) of the following phrases: 1. “Happy and strange words are my home.” 2. “I see you.” 3. “Reason is music to a jaded heart.” "
.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 4:43:00 AM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I like the house you've made for the cat. They always seem to like anything involving boxes.

 
At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 5:37:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Playful cats are such fun!

 
At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 7:34:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

My dog makes it very clear when his royal furriness would like to be played with and when he just wants to nap in a patch of sunlight.

 
At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Cats do know how to play hard to get, don't they!

 
At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Bravo, lots of fun in there.
Happy Wednesday

Much💖love

 
At Wednesday, September 22, 2021 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ha! If that were my Benny, and he didn't want to play, I'd end up bleeding! Oh, cats do love the cardboard hideaways. I brought a bunch of boxes (all the same size) home from my former work place and we duct taped them into several stories with holes in tops and sides and windows... Ugly living room accessory, but the cats loved it.

 
At Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:33:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

We have two cats who allow us to live with them. They are endless entertainment, I agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home