Saturday, September 04, 2021

Sunday Muse -- Two loves at first sight


 A Long Ride; 
and short night 


I was tooling along 

With my Mustang top down 

Came up on Chrysler old 

Puddling along so slow 

Looking down to my left 

"No Passing" from the sign  


That evening at the ball 

Minding my own business 

Came upon chick so nice 

Smiled at me, I'd been had 

Wasn't looking for her 

Nor for anyone else 


The car pulled in for gas 

Mustang needed some too 

Chrysler wasn't so bad 

Looked better at twelve feet 

Hadn't looked for a car

Nor for anything else 


Met again at the drinks 

Iced lemon tea was had  

Talked the rest of the night 

We danced a little too 

"See you tomorrow's" said, 

little Mustang'd away 


The Chrysler was there when 

I got to my motel 

Six hundred bucks she's yours 

Deal was made, called my friend 

She was ready to ride 

The faithful Mustang cried 


 - - - 

 - Poem and Mustang Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2016, All Rights Reserved (I still own this Mustang, bought it used for a retirement present to me)  , http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2016/07/fridays-hunt-v203-c-is-for.html 

 - I am linked with Carrie Van Horn for the Chrysler photo prompt at The Sunday Muse #176 http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-sunday-muse-176.html?m=1 

.

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, September 04, 2021 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Mustangs do not appreciate being kicked to the curb!

 
At Saturday, September 04, 2021 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, that black convertible is pretty sweet! Yours, Jim?

 
At Saturday, September 04, 2021 8:50:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

Nice ride! (The mustang in the picture of course.) Top down the only way to go, unless it is raining of course...

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2021 4:29:00 AM, Blogger Marion Horton said...

I like the verbing of Mustang, very neat!

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2021 9:17:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Great story--the verses kept me spinning into unlooked for territory

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2021 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

A great car tale Jim!

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2021 4:47:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

A car-dealing man at the No Questions Motel! Quite a tale!

 
At Monday, September 06, 2021 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Not a bad deal for a sweet new set of wheels

Happy you dropped by to read mine Jim

much❤love

 
At Monday, September 06, 2021 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh what a tale of wheels. I drove a '57 Chrysler when I was 16. Loved that big old thing.

 
At Monday, September 06, 2021 7:32:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Love this! When I first met my husband, he had an orange colored Mustang that was named Delores.

 
At Monday, September 06, 2021 11:44:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

Jim, you brought the story to life with your Mustang. Nice looking car!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home