Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Muse - Music

"Self-Portrait With Accordion"
by artist Guido Vedovato
    
            The Accordion Player 


Using my assets and talents best I can 

Hands and Feet--be my most useable features 

Large hands perfectly covering the octaves 

Fingers nimble large and long tickling the keys

These feet tapping to the beat they're keeping time 


Parts you cannot see, my lungs and vocal cords 

Voice seems made for yodeling and calling cows 

Songs I play and sing echo among the hills 

Mountain top to mountain top down to valleys 

Valleys below, crowds and the lone sheep herders  


I play my accordion au natural 

plainly and precise--Nature can understand 

I love Nature and her ways, she loves me too

Small fellow, Red Fox with white face, stays with me 

But Sundays I'm at church to play the organ 


Oh, I play for weddings too.  Could it be yours?  

- - -   

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked to Shay, a.k.a. Fireblossom, for the picture with The Sunday Muse #173,  http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/08/the-sunday-muse-173.html?m=1 

.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, August 14, 2021 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I love this, JIM! Took one look at his massive digits covering those keys and knew this was not going to turn out well. Love the yodeling and calling cows line ... that he can do!

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2021 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Play on.

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2021 5:51:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

This is lovely Jim!

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:06:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Delightful, Jim, from yodeling the cows home to entertaning the lone sheep herders.

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:12:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Wonderful Jim… 🙂

 
At Sunday, August 15, 2021 7:37:00 AM, Blogger  said...

lol ... I love this. :)

 
At Sunday, August 15, 2021 9:11:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Love the self-portrait aspect and the joy in this!

 
At Sunday, August 15, 2021 1:09:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

A musical man, a nutural; be he among the cows, the mountains or the church benches. Bravo

Good Sunday Jim

Much❤love

 
At Sunday, August 15, 2021 1:20:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

I like the whimsical mood of the poem and how you focused on his best aspects of hands and feet as well as his innards. Nicely done!

 
At Wednesday, August 18, 2021 8:38:00 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Well done Jim.. Your poem painted a picture of the prompt in my mind... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home