Wednesday, November 06, 2019

A "what I am" Poem for Midweek Motif


What am I?

What I am is what you see
Not always what I liked to be
All alive see Red differently
What they learned on Mama's knee

Red is the same in chemistry
How each has seen from infancy
and now it makes no difference why
Grass is green blue is the sky

What I am is what you see
Not always what you'd like for me
Things are different if it's a crime
Bad is bad but some is worse

Remember I'm not your slave
If you don't like how I behave
For you then changes I might cede
If I don't then one could leave

What I am is what you see
Please keep me for eternity 
 _ _ _ _

- Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2014 (link) and 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Susan at Poets United Midweek Motifhttp://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/11/poets-united-midweek-motif-authenticity.html?m=1

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 3:48:00 PM, Blogger Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Jim,

I love your poetic props! In fact, they most likely demonstrate very well, your poetic words and intentions.
I think we all conjure up an image of knowing someone, believing that they are trustworthy and are, who they purport to be. At times, our gut instinct might know better, with a slight bout of misgiving..I have gone against that instinct many times and have mostly regretted my foolish self!

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I like people who are "what you see is what I am" people.........they are very real.

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

One could leave, indeed. Apparently this one has had some rude interactions! I say, give him some love--he/she/they, that is--the one in front of you.

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Marja said...

What I am is what you see
Not always what you'd like for me
Powerful What you see is what you get and that's how it should be

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Its good that you stand behind uour authenthicity. You know who you are. You are not standing on shaky ground. Thanks for dropping by to read mine Jim

Much🌻love

 
At Wednesday, November 06, 2019 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

It's always nice to stand as who we are. And that needs courage. Wonderful!

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2019 8:52:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Well said!

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2019 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gorgeously rendered!!❤️❤️

 
At Thursday, November 07, 2019 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Rob Jackson said...

People should accept us for what we are. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home