Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Well, ...? Dumpy Chicken Poem

Foolish Chicken;
  the way I am

Am I going Whacko or what
When I get up in the morning
and announce the chicken I am

The always dumpy chicken sits
What is it thinking of or does
it think at all?  Sure I don't think

Or do I first stretch, flap my arms
Feeling cocky, crow if I could
Look at my mate kiss on her cheek

Never know, lots of in betweens
Do I scratch around beak and feet
No worms, ones I caught got away

Last night's gecko quiet, now still
Dead to world I'da let him out
Ran scared of me he chose to hide

Around that's the way my world's hatched
 _ _ _

Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019
I'm linked with Rommy in the Imaginary Garden at the Tuesday Platform, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-tuesday-platform-slow-down-and-feel.html?m=1

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:40:00 AM, Blogger Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

A whimsical work!
My family kept chickens when I was a kid.

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:55:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

This reminds me of how much I love lazy mornings with no agenda other than to stretch a bit and kiss the mister.

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Very entertaining.

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is delightful!

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I have to smile at the image of you scratching around, beak and feet!

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:01:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Not easy being chicken... (in more ways than one)

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We all need those lazy days without plans. They keep us sane.

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Decisions...decisions! What to do first on a lazy morning, eh?

 
At Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:51:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

I saw chickens along side the road today. I love lazy mornings-
I, too thought it fun to image you as a chicken, scratching around~

 
At Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Herotomost said...

Sounds like my mornings...lol. Damn chickens! This was fun!

 
At Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Young Roosters gotta crow... I suppose one morning they wake up and scratch around... and the baton is passed on. I really enjoyed the metaphor.

 
At Friday, June 21, 2019 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Frank J. Tassone said...

Delightful whimsy, for sure! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home