Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Wordy Thursday Poem

What Am I?  
 I'm confused
[click on picture one or two times for larger viewing]
It's a confusing world
Am I male or female

No one knows this for sure
My plumbing may be wrong

Ambivalent feelings
They really do not care
 
So I'll go it alone
I want to be a girl
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2009 and 2019 respectively,  All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sherry Blue Sky in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/06/wordy-thursday-with-wild-woman-being.html?m=1
 -
 - I have 43 Words counting four for the title today for Sherry.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

You have captured well the plight of someone born into a body that feels unfamiliar. I am so glad you responded to the prompt, Jim, and so sympathetically.

 
At Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

So sad. At least, by the end, she knows what she wishes her body to be in order for it to match her soul. Knowing might not be half the battle, in this case, but it's a good start...

 
At Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is incredibly raw and eloquent. You capture the dilemma so well.

 
At Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I am sure it is a very horrible thing to have to live with...

 
At Friday, June 14, 2019 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, so raw and eloquent. You captured the pain so well.

 
At Friday, June 14, 2019 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

As a supporter of GLBTQ rights, involved with PRIDE and the Mossier Scholarship program here in Oregon, I have the privilege of helping choose the recipient of the scholarship each year. I can only say when one reads the stories of these incredible young folks, hears of their struggle, their pain, their goals, their overwhelming desire to make the world a better place for all ~~ inspiration and respect rise to the surface of my soul.

 
At Friday, June 14, 2019 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Incredible perspective Jim.

 
At Friday, June 14, 2019 12:43:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I agree... so many of us are so much more than the stereotypes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home