Thursday, June 06, 2019

Tarot Anyone? A Poem for Thursday

My Hand

I'll play my hand
the one gave to me
My mama said
I want him to be

No Fool for him
comes "Intuition"
Mothers know right
fine October month

Scorpio scorns
Tarot card is death
Sometimes it slips
latent gene fooleth

'Not a problem"
grin and wink I dream
I don't conform
card says I should scheme

Put the cards up
Mama says it's sin
Mysterious force

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved 
- I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-guest-appearance-from-ella-wilson.html?m=1 
 - Kerry has a guest host today, "Ella Wilson, one of the founding members of The Imaginary Garden With Real Toads."  Ella has done research and writing of Tarot cards and the magic they hold.  She explains some to us, but writing of Tarot is our Challenge for Today.  My opinion, I think neither Kerry nor Ella, nor I, believe Tarot cards and Zodiac have power to foresee but probably do have power to take hold and mislead many persons.
.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, June 06, 2019 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

We play the hand we are given, for sure, Jim, and what a journey it is.

 
At Thursday, June 06, 2019 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We play what we are given and reach for the stars along the way.

 
At Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:44:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such a fresh perspective on the prompt!

 
At Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

I love the idea of playing your hand and you added astrology which adds depth to the persona. I find astrology the most fascinating-our sun, moon, and rising sign do paint a picture in our birth chart, but nothing is written in stone. It is guidelines, we are the ones that hold fate in our hands~ I do love using my intuitive voice and find it never fails me. Your poem shares the curious view of speculation~ Well Done

 
At Thursday, June 06, 2019 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I used to be afraid of tarot cards - I misunderstood them. I love the art, the symbolism, the thought provoking turns of the cards. Gives one an opportunity to ponder life. That's what I get from them.

 
At Friday, June 07, 2019 6:14:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Well, Jim, who is to say what I believe and don't believe? But I give some credit to your view that cards could be misleading to some people.

 
At Friday, June 07, 2019 7:15:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I love your approach to this prompt, and the rhyming works well.

 
At Sunday, June 09, 2019 7:05:00 PM, Blogger Felisol said...

My Bible says:" in your hand are my times." I prefer it to be so. On my own I'm norhing.

 
At Monday, June 10, 2019 1:01:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

nice ending stanza ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home