Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Waiting for the end of May -- a Tuesday ditty

May Drinks;
 make way for June 

May's drink half way over
Her party ending
June bugs awakening
From a deep deep sleep
Cows are seeking new fields
Fresh bells this season

They're dancing to my tune, piano plays
We'll kick our heels
Summer drinks on ice

May counting for her end
Flower petals fall  
June polishing her halls
Weddings bring high bucks
Cows and their youngsters set
Calves weaned and ready

We're dancing to my tune, piano plays
We kick our heels
Summer drinks on ice
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Ooh, a summer drink would be nice. But it's been weirdly cold the last week, so I will stick to piping hot tea and winter coats.

 
At Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:27:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Like Rommy, I look forward to clinking a summer glass with you, Jim. It's been so cold here! I really like the feeling of hope and renewal this poem gives me. Thank you!

 
At Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

It seems we are all excited about that last stanza... Like the ladies above, I can’t wait for the dancing and cool sipping!

 
At Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:34:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

What a happy, hope-filledpoem, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:10:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I love the lightness of this... even the bugs are sweet.

 
At Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Herotomost said...

I love summer drinks on ice and the feel of the impending summer. Its the best smell in the world I think. Great tribute to the warming...felt spot on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home