Thursday, May 02, 2019

a Wordy Poem for Thursday Morning

Looking around;
 What do I see? 

The situation:
(Sitting in the edge of the bed
Directed poem I'll try to write
Directions were look around you
And write of what all you can see)

What is going on?
TV's on old "Murder she wrote"
Playing quite loud like when I came
Sleep timer's set for one hour.
It'll turn off when I'm asleep

Who is there?
Misses sleeping here when I came
Sleeping soundly her pill helped that
Not snoring now later she might
Two alarms set quarter to six

What else?
Those are the majors but there's more
Magazine handy I'll not read
Jumbo puzzle to solve or save
Piled pillow blankets I'll not need

Time to quit:
Now I've written my sixteen lines
Turn off the light and shut my eyes

Anything else?
Thank the Lord for what all I've seen
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sherry Blue Sky in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/05/wordy-thursday-with-wild-woman.html?m=1

 - Sherry's directions  "Write about this present moment, just as it is. Let’s celebrate the ordinary, the small treasures, pleasures and comforts that surround us."
 _ _ _

See all my Daily National Poem Writing Month poems f

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, May 02, 2019 9:36:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Mrs. Jim did not take a sleeping pill, most of the rest is true. We were up early to take he 10-year-old granddaughter to school. I am posting it now that we are back home.
..

 
At Thursday, May 02, 2019 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I loved reading these moments of your life, Jim. I well know how daunting a six a.m. rising is at this time of life. It usually keeps me awake all night, for fear the alarm wont go off.

 
At Thursday, May 02, 2019 5:17:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

It appears you were taking in a lot of things while your Mrs. was asleep.

 
At Thursday, May 02, 2019 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

piled pillow blankets... quilts and such are so comforting - so ordinary but yet a luxury as well. :)

 
At Saturday, May 04, 2019 8:09:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

I enjoyed reading your "moment," and all that you saw.

 
At Saturday, May 04, 2019 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Walker said...

Some good, evocative images here - thinking of getting pulled into old TV shows I've seen before - and the "Magazine handy I'll not read" - I have some next to my bed as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home