Saturday, May 25, 2019

Mini Challenge Portraiture Poem


Those Hippie Days

It's been a long time ago now
Way back early seventies

Looking the part, a hippie queen
Pert, smart and smiles pretty too

Knew her before we met, her type
Rode a bike she traveled light

At the foot of the stairs to wait
Parked her bike and yellow dog

Barefoot, cutoff jeans, straggly hair
Looked the part this Hippie queen

I don't remember who sat first
Empty seat between, back row

Differential Equations class
Back there she read History

I learned my Calculus so so
Smart girl she got A's in both

We chummed now and then pleasant girl
Our end at semester's end
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo from the Real Toads, Sunday Feature featuring Lisa Graham
 - I'm linked with Kim Russell in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/05/weekend-mini-challenge-portraiture.html?m=1
 - 105 words, nine couplets, 135 syllables - kinda mini

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:51:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Your portrait took me back, Jim! I remember the early seventies, when I was also a barefoot hippy chick – in Germany. I enjoyed this trip with you back into the past.

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:27:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

You have created a clear picture of the girl in question.

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:33:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I can see her so clearly, and him too. Such a wonderful capture. All the way to the end...

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:03:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Early 70s, we already had a ten year old, nine year old, eight year old, three year old ~~~ I missed the hippy generation!

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a lovely capture of the girl in question, Jim! ❤️

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:24:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

When remembering a girl from your youth, you need to remember yourself as well I think...

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I think I know her. :)

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Of course I meant "hippie" ... though hippy has been appropriate from time to time over the years!!

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:02:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I think i know her, too. Tofino has many girls and women like this. Smiles.

 
At Sunday, May 26, 2019 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

A little before my time, but I could see that blast from the past clearly anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home