Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Day 23 -- NaPoWriMo 2019

Cousin to the Easter Bunny
.
I am a little Grey Rabbit
No dark rabbit hole for my home
Sleep in a large green padded box
Share it with a whole bunch of toys

Infused with kindness smile ingrained
From a grey sock red and white toed
Kind little lady imparted
with each needled stitch love portion

Not seeking greatness or riches
Hanging out with my toddler friend
I love him he drags me around
By my ear arm or leg he pulls

Some day I'll be outgrown cast off
Choose me next and you I will love
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-tuesday-platform-gather-around-for.html?m=1
 - and with NaPoWriMo Day 23 at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-three-5/

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:36:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a delightful poem, Jim!❤️

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Sweet!

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Namratha said...

That's real cute. My son has a cat toy which he takes around everywhere. He talks to it saying 'miaaaow', feeds him imaginary food saying 'um um', tries to make him sleep then promptly flings him to the ground! He likes to throw everything(he is a year and a half)

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:27:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Cute poem Jim

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

It's certainly very sweet! A lovely verse, Jim. :-)

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh such is a stuffed bunny's lot in life...

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:13:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Infused with life by the love of a child!

 
At Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

This is both sweet and sad. Sweet because he is still being loved. But so sad because he is so sure it is going to end...

 
At Friday, April 26, 2019 7:49:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Russell said...

Sorry to be late with this response. Life! I’m reminded of the velveteen rabbit in this, Jim. I love well-loved toys, especially handmade ones. And I adopt them at garage sales and Goodwill. How little I have to spend for all that collected love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home