Monday, April 22, 2019

Day 22 -- NaPoWriMo 2019


Used Jewels;
tired bones; and
  "the way it might be"

Broken watch, two soiled feathers, and
crushed ripe red strawberries , a boy's
pocket treasures.  Seems not much good
But jewels all to him, trading stock
 
Not for me.  Time for me's 'bout gone
Don't fly much anymore either 
Aches and pains have my name they come
to hurt my members eat my food
 
But I've gone and done most of things
Places and things most would envy  
Fifty states, 'round the world, most seas  
Married well, work and play, "Bien joué !" **
 
Everything I wanted, needed
And when the Lord calls I will come
 _ _ _
 
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov  2019, All Rights Reserved,
 - Photo Courtesy Fireblossom from the link below
 - I am linked with Fireblossom in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/beware-of-poor-substitutions.html?m=1
 - and with NaPoWriMo Day 22 at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-two-5/
 - Notes:
     (1)  "Bien joué !" ** is (job) "Well done" in French.  I.e. I've had a good life but not perfect.
     (2)  I've intended this to be generic, not specifically for my status.  I do fit most of this though, even the travel, as this guy sounds like she or he is on her or his last leg.  My plans are to go on for quite a few more year although there is a contingency plan as well.  None of us really know, we tend to think for better than average.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, April 22, 2019 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Herotomost said...

There is nothing quite as good in this world as to know that you lived. So many don't get the chance. This is a great nostalgic social comment. Loved it!!

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 11:50:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Wonderful poem. I have everything I ever needed or wanted.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Namratha said...

Satisfaction of a life well lived, a poem that gave me some comfort while reading

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 1:08:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Not just a boy’s pocket treasures, Jim! I would have loved them when I was a child. It’s good to know that you’ve explored the world and made the most of your life when you start to get those aches and pains.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 1:30:00 PM, Blogger  said...

I love the opening:

"Broken watch, two soiled feathers, and
crushed ripe red strawberries, a boy's
pocket treasures."

Ready to go when called home --- I like that. A life well lived, waiting for the after.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 2:42:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

A wonderful life fulfilled, but there must be more to find still Jim?

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Getting old is not for wimps.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Sounds like a life fully lived, my friend.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 4:19:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

A full, well traveled life, but one never knows what adventures may come even close to home.

 
At Monday, April 22, 2019 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like that the boy is still in the man.

 
At Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:18:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I love the fact of you loving your life and feeling fulfilled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home