Saturday, March 02, 2019

Going to the Edge of the World -- a Flash Poem

The Temple by Tomasz Zaczeniuk

The edge of civilization
beckons me there I want to go
Like roller skating through a rink
full of Saturday night skaters  

Challenges I like give me thrills 
stimulates adrenaline flow
Faraway places are for me
Bid the monks, priests, and nuns goodbye 
 
The edge of the Earth calls, danger
and new adventure beckons me 
_ _ _ _

 - A 55 word Flash Writing poem
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo is a PrintScreen copied from the link below
 - I'm linked with in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/03/art-flash-55.html 
  - Kerry asked, "Feel free to pay Tomasz a visit on Instagram or check out his website, FotoWizjer, where more of his amazing pieces are to be viewed, but not used for this prompt."

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, March 03, 2019 3:35:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I like your view of the end of the world, Jim.

 
At Sunday, March 03, 2019 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

I love that you looked at this picture as a challenge!

 
At Sunday, March 03, 2019 7:16:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

This end of the world, I wonder what's beyond? even more adventures?
I like the positive outlook in the end.

 
At Sunday, March 03, 2019 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely brilliant, Jim! ❤️

 
At Sunday, March 03, 2019 10:09:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Wonder - full!!

 
At Sunday, March 03, 2019 2:39:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Nice positive spin on a picture depicting utter desolation

 
At Monday, March 04, 2019 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This was a much lighter take on the prompt than mine and I love it!

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2019 10:38:00 AM, Blogger robkistner said...

I like that you made your take an adventure Jim, very cool! I went dark with mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home