Saturday, March 23, 2019

Flash Writing ~~ a short poem using 55 words

Agnes and I

I name her Agnes
When I, old and cold,
she was my bed friend,
slight, a young virgin

That was what I needed
to keep me warm
and that, I was told
for long cold winters

No objection I had,
new companion
When Dad was young
his girl was called Agnes

King David,
First Kings, 1:1 to 4*
_ _ _ _

*Notes:
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - Photo previously used on this blog and was linked to Real Toads, Sunday Feature featuring Lisa Graham in 2014 and reposted on my other blog in 2016, click here
 - I am linked with 



 - 1 Kings 1 The Message (MSG) [ https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Kings+1&version=MSG]
"David
1 1-4 King David grew old. The years had caught up with him. Even though they piled blankets on him, he couldn’t keep warm. So his servants said to him, “We’re going to get a young virgin for our master the king to be at his side and look after him; she’ll get in bed with you and arouse our master the king.” So they searched the country of Israel for the most ravishing girl they could find; they found Abishag the Shunammite and brought her to the king. The girl was stunningly beautiful; she stayed at his side and looked after the king, but the king did not have sex with her.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

...the Bible really could compete with modern day soap operas I think... and outdo them, indeed!

 
At Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:01:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I agree with Margaret

 
At Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

(Or in other words, "The things that you're liable to read in your Bible, they ain't necessarily so!")

 
At Sunday, March 24, 2019 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

What Margaret said :)

 
At Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:30:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Some things in the bible really stun me...

 
At Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:23:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

How scandalous! But this is why I love Bible stories...everything's in there! A beautiful write.

 
At Monday, March 25, 2019 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, Bible stories have many soap opera plots in them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home