Tuesday, March 05, 2019


Picking up crumbs

When is the crumb too big
to pick up with a wet finger
Spit expended that way 
enzymes wasted on a clean floor

When does one choose a pig
the stanchions are full of clean cows
Love wasted both ways are
dreams no longer in your control

Crumbs on wet fingers go
against the grains of common sense
Pigs on the loose always
trouble for other young ladies

Feed your pigs and cows crumbs
love your young lady do her well
_ _ _

wet your cow
milk the pig
they won't love you

love the moment
here for the day
it won't last

sincere young lady
picks her boy well
_ _ _ 
 
 - Photo and Poem and Copyright, 2011 and 2019 respectively
 - I'm linked with Anmol (aka HA) in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Tuesday%20Platform 
 - I dropped a fairly large cracker piece in the kitchen the other night but could pick it up by spit on my finger (ladies, this a man thing I'm sure).  That was part of my bedtime snack.  I couldn't sleep, partly because I had the title and first line in my head for a poem.  I did go to sleep before I finished writing  (on Smart Phone) on the side of my bed and have been piddling with this since.
 - The young couple's photo I took on the Abbey Road, a block from the famous crossing during one of our numerous holidays (2011) there to visit our young grandchild (and daughter and SIL) .  The next corner ahead is the famous Beatle album cover of them crossing.  http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-single-impression-love-2.html (my 2011 photo and post)
https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk (Abbey Road Cam - like Texas, pedestrians have right-away if the crossing is marked)
.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 05, 2019 11:36:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Interesting...do cow and pigs love? I wonder? Thanks for your write, I enjoyed it.

 
At Tuesday, March 05, 2019 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love how a large cracker crumb on the floor can keep a poet awake until the poem is written!

 
At Tuesday, March 05, 2019 1:31:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

An interesting poem about crumbs.

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2019 2:00:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

A very interesting poem, Jim! I really liked this bit: "Love wasted both ways are/dreams no longer in your control".
Such wastefulness is rather rampant, I think. Ha!

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2019 12:14:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

Fascinating piece, enjoyable to read Jim... :-)

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2019 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I will never look at crumbs (large or small) in the same ways. Or at loose pigs. Loose pigs will probably make me think of troubled ladies.

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2019 5:45:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love this... Oh, crumbs and pigs...life seems to be full of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home