Saturday, February 09, 2019

Ringmaster and me -- a Weekend Poem

Ringmaster Magician of my stage  
.
I keep having this feeling,
feel that my life wouldn't run
by itself.  A sensation
someone else is cracking whip  
.
Master of my destiny
director, actions--steps--thoughts
He lords me all waking hours
Sometimes it seems in my dreams  
.
Bark and growl the dog I be
Dog and pony show for kids
Pussy cat purring sweetly
Angry cousin tiger growls 
.
And eat like the horse in me
Elephant climb my stool--Sit
Monkey my funny business 
Listen to the lion's roar 
.
On flying trapeze I swing
Another clown in the car
Juggler--Magician kids love  
The fat lady ate too much 
.
Circus animals and folk 
All I am he will direct
Won't be me to pay his bill
I'm leaving with one I've been  
 _ _ _ _
 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved (the photo is  PrintScreen copied is from Wikipedia linked above.)

 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/02/just-one-word-sensation.html 
 - Marian has designated this as a One Word, Sensation (plus picture for me) inspired Weekend Challenge, or a Weekend Mini--Challenge.  Mine is 125 words plus five for the title making it a Mini-Challenge of sorts even though it has six short stanzas.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:54:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Interesting poem.

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:10:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I know that feeling, Jim, that someone else is cracking the whip. It’s a relief to break free and run your own circus for a change.

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:24:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Yes, I feel this way too, sometimes. Oftentimes. :)

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:17:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Sensations always comes with a bill ... no way to avoid that

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Your poem left me in a daze, determined to run my own life!!

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

A busy circus. Thankfully, mine has now slowed down.

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

A fascinating circus...action everywhere. Loved being entertained

 
At Monday, February 11, 2019 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Sreeja said...

Oh yes, that whip! Smiles on those closing lines!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

At times I feel like I am in someone else's circus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home