Sunday, January 22, 2017

Do you hear voices?

Do you hear voices? 
What is this noise in my head? 
Is it in my ear? 
Well, that is too bad for us 
Internal words modulate 
Jammed by ringing in my ears 
_ _ _

Picture and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2017, All Rights Reserved
I'm linked with Brendan at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/01/sunday-mini-prompt-with-brendan-voices.html

 - I've had ringing in my ears since my Army days, too close to other shooters at the riffle range and not even knowing about ear protectors. 
 - After my service days I went to an ENT doctor who decided that the cause of my ear ringing could not be determined or stopped. I said to him, "It must be all in my head."  I meant it as joking but this doctor swore at me while leaving the room, slamming the door on his way out. 

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:43:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I'm sorry for your ringing. There are voices we rather not have.

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2017 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Yikes!! Hopefully the ringing will cease...

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

I have it too--not for such meritorious reasons--your poem wonderfully captures that feeling. Thanks. Thanks too for kind visit. Was part of the march and feel somewhat heartened. k.

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Sounds like the doctor was pretty thin-skinned. Tinnitus must be very annoying to deal with, Jim.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 4:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ears ring, who knows why. Harsh sound of the world, I suppose, loud rock n roll when I was a kid, etc. We learn to hear around it, or can't. The poems have to get around those reefs.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 4:56:00 AM, Blogger Gel said...

That was the most rude ENT! I'm trained as an audiologist. Ringing in the ears, wind in the ears, ear popping, pain, etc, ALL of this should be treated with compassion. Constant ringing is harder to live with than anyone can imagine until it happens to them. I wish you did not have this Jim.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

It must be difficult to live with. I imagine dropping off to sleep would be hard.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Thank you,GEL. You are the first peson to offer compassion. Soon I plan to check my loss of hearing with the VA. My service time fits their eligibility window.
..

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 10:55:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Tinnitus is not something one wants. A pity that it attacks indiscriminately and one feels helpless when afflicted!

Hank

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

That doctor had no sense of humor Jim! I'm sorry about the ringing, I have some due to loud rock music but at times it goes away and I never had it looked at.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2017 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I served as a armorer and an infantry instructor for a long time, while in the Marine Corps. I know that ringing just too well. My left ear is half-worthless. But hey, at least we can say that we have our own soundtrack.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My firstborn suffers with tinnitis ... I feel for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home