Thursday, October 06, 2016

a Challenge Poem, "What are you going to wear for Halloween?"


What are you wearing for Monday night
Halloween Night with Ghosts and Goblins
Wear something real scary, not a clown
Clowns have fallen into disfavor
Ruined it for us all, bad persons

What would Ronald do, I asked of me
Go look it up with good Google's help
Alright for Ronald is good for me
_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem copyright© 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
The Barnum Bailey clown lady was first posted here in 2012, at http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-alphabe-thursday-k-things-in-row-two.html
 

I am linked to the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Words Count with Mama Zen
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/10/words-count-with-mama-zen.html


M.Z. Wants us to tell her what our Halloween costume will be for this year.  She has asked for us to do this in 55 words or less
Mine is exactly 55 words, with no title as of yet.

Retro, from http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2009/10/happy-halloween.html :
.
Costume party anyone?
This is (was) my favorite!


It was our party outfit we wore at a former year's Halloween party. People liked our lamp costumes

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Friday, October 07, 2016 12:32:00 AM, Blogger tedstrutz said...

Nice!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 2:26:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Yes, what of Halloween.It seems it is more risky to be out there these days. House-owners are a little jumpy and outwardly defensive!

Hank

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 6:10:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think Clowns are worse than any vampire in scariness...

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

This cracked me up, Jim!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I don't even need a costume. I just open the door and they take fright, lol.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

This clown thing is so very weird! We got letters from the local schools urging us not to let our children dress as clowns.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2016 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Oh, right. I almost forgot about the clown craze. Good one, Jim.

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 3:57:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Those lamp costumes are fantastic.

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 5:21:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Excellent costume idea, Jim!

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 6:22:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I still can't believe the clown bit. All right, I believe it--since I'm not blind or totally mad--but goodness, how I wish it wasn't so... *sigh*

Your costumes are fantastic, by the way.

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Your costumes are just fantastic!! Sweet poem, but just great costumes. My favorite kind is an object like that. Amazing. Thanks for smile. k.

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Hahaha - I'm glad you added the picture of you and Mrs. Jim! Those are great costumes!

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

💖💖💖luv your "favourite" costume, you and Mrs Jim look really COOL

much love...

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2016 2:43:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Real bright image... love it.

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

I guess birthday clowns will be a thing of the past, as well?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home