Sunday, June 26, 2016

A-Sailing We Go ~~ A mini-challenge Poem for you


 

(A-Sailing We Go)
 
We will go a-sailing,
a-sailing we will go
No sail we two will have,
paddle pedals work  

 
Around the lake we sail,
with a stop here and there
No monkey business we,
only real birds and bees
 
 
Ducks on the shore do watch,
same for ones on the fence
Around the bend they watch,
until we reach the wall
 
Not all geese will agree,
not those stuck on the wrong
The wrong side of the fence,
not a pretty scene bids
 
 
Mind your side of the fence,
bad is on other side
_ _ _ _ _
 -  [click on pictures once or twice for larger view]
Photos and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
 - The Photos were taken on our recent visit to Regents Park, London, U.K.
 - KP, Mrs. Jim, and I did a 'paddle boat' tour of the lake at Regents Park back in 2013.  I wrote a poem using pictures from that visit, I called it "A Troll Lives Here." http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2013/09/toll-lives-here-two-shoes-tuesday.html
 
 - Today I'm linked with Gillena Cox in The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
FASHION ME YOUR WORDS ~ a sailing we will go (I am at 100 words, not counting the title.
 
 - I found a Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme, "I saw a ship a-sailing" when I was trying to find out how to spell "a-sailing".  The Rhyme is linked below: 
http://www3.amherst.edu/~rjyanco94/literature/mothergoose/rhymes/isawashipasailing.html
- "I saw a ship a-sailing..."
by Mother Goose

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your response Jim. I also enjoyed The Troll. Your pics are lovely. I have an album of photos of vacation in London in the 1900s and they are a treasure

Happy Sunday

Much love...

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sounds like lovely fun! And the pictures are a treat too.

As for your response to mine – definitely not NZ! I have answered you in more detail back there.

 
At Monday, June 27, 2016 8:12:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a fun read, Jim. Thanks for adding in the photos.

 
At Monday, June 27, 2016 8:25:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and great photos for remembrance

 
At Monday, June 27, 2016 8:26:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Love the song like quality... and sailing on bicycle is a wonderful way to move.

 
At Monday, June 27, 2016 4:34:00 PM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

To me this sounds like a children's nursery rhyme -- with a sing-song rhythm in the words. I did enjoy the pictures, Jim. Nature is such a beauty, even the smallest creatures and moments. Thank you for sharing.

 
At Monday, June 27, 2016 5:23:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I always love the sight of those peddle-boats - they must be great fun! We had them in Kelowna. And once, I saw a sort of boat-car that had wheels, but when one drove it into the lake, it floated and became a boat. Very odd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home