Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Take the Train -- a refreshing poem for The Tuesday Platform

 
Catch a train
 
Catch a train, that's unusual
people of the South love their cars
People of the South don't pay tolls
Let alone taxes for railways
 
Catch a train, go see the doctor
doctor knows what ails his people
Perhaps he knows what's wrong with you 
Check your adenoids, he'll check your pulse
 
Catch a train, take milk to market
cows were bursting, need two buckets
One caveat, milk trains are slow
Make every stop, even your home town
 
Catch a train, it'll carry you
take you away to lands afar
Disneyworld or New York city
To the mountains, you'll be refreshed
 
 
. . - - - - - 
. Photos and Poems Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
. Today I'm linked with
. The bottom picture, a flat land sky view, was taken from the Houston Medical Center where I was visiting my cardiovascular physician.  His office is on the 27th floor and I was looking out his window towards the southwest.  Sorry for you that I missed the beautiful Houston city skyline.  The top picture was from my car in front of the parking garage for the doctor's building.  This is our commuter train, it has right of way.
 

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 9:47:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

The train can take one to where one desires without bother of traffic jams.That should be fascinating!

Hank

 
At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

A journey in such a beautiful train must be enjoyable.

 
At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 1:36:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I love to travel by train... there is a magic in the way you're there yet separated.

 
At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

The first time I left New York City to stay in the South, I found myself looking for trains (and public buses). I was on the other side of this poem's "unusual". Then I returned home, after more of a decade of absence, and at first I was a tad unbalanced by all the noises, by the train, by the buses...

 
At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

There's something romantic about taking a train, though sometimes the reality doesn't always meet the expectation. The trains around here could be better.

 
At Tuesday, March 01, 2016 5:00:00 PM, Blogger colleen said...

A train poem that could be put to music and become infectious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home