Saturday, November 28, 2015

Waiting for the train -- A Saturday Challenge poem

 
Waiting, for the North Train

Waiting here, by the street leading to town
Watching pretty people passing by
Time is passing too, wonder where it goes
Missing the North Train again? O my

Waiting till it comes, feeling not alone
Savoring young lass, her morning walk
Guessing thirteen, crass world events she knows
Practicing English on me, we talk

Asking me where Abercorn Street might be
Showing them, poor souls, aging elders
Thinking how, stooping, creaking, wasn't me
Aging's not for me, though I'm older

Strolling mothers, pushing baby strollers
Stopping beside me, feet needing rest
Telling of goings on, coming molars
Wishing to be living theirs, life's best

Seeing how these are living, pondering
Wondering, needing to know purpose
Pausing pair, my story them I'm telling
Saying they, train's coming here no more



_ _ _ _ _

Photos and Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with 




Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:12:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

It sounds nice to be sitting on a bench and waiting... Why should there even be a train if waiting is so nice?

 
At Monday, November 30, 2015 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Ah, that's a wait to appreciate.

 
At Wednesday, December 02, 2015 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love the photos...I enjoy people watching while waiting. At times it makes the hurry go quicker.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home