Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Late night TV has gone Christmas

Be happy when Christmas has passed
"Frasier" reruns return his face
Once again, Hallmark Theatre
Late night TV's been preempted
Fifty-five nights of Christmas cheer

Classics, who watches anyway?
It won't be me, I doubt if you
"It’s a Wonderful Life" for you
And "elf" for me. That's all we like
So "Father Brown" on PBS
_ _ _

Photo and poem copyright © 2006 and 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
_ _ _ 

Today I am linked with Marian at The Real Toads 
at their "Imaginary Garden, Tuesday Platform"

 . Reading therapy dog first class
Adi was our beagle dog, now deceased.  Together she and I formed a certified pet therapy team.  Reading dogs love for children to read to them and pay utmost attention to the child.  Many of the children do not like to read in public nor to a teacher.  But many will read to a dog, thus boosting their confidence and reading abilities.  Adi and I also visited assisted living homes, she loved the attention given to her by residents having Alzheimer disease.

Here she is practicing her reading therapy skills with our granddaughter, BP.  BP is now a freshman in college.

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:19:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

There are a few I can watch happily every year, though. Love that photo, Jim!!

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:18:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

always, i look fordward to the TV Christmas movies; never tire of Scrooge in all his versions

have a nice Tuesday

much love...

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

my favorite shows during 'christmas' is watching people during this time

gracias

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Preempting Frasier ~ bah humbug!

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

childhood happiness includes reading,
true.
joyful sentiments.

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

I"ma sucker for Christmas, so I can't wait. As much as you disdain 'em, I love 'em. Good write.

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm with Marcoantonio--my favorite shows during the holidays are bits of life that show people being good to each other. I watch little TV... but I love to see people being happy... especially the children.

 
At Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I had a feeling this was not going to be everyone's feeling. I wrote it feeling slightly ornery. BTW, people in our neighborhood are having Christmas decorations put up on their houses. Lots cheaper if they get it done before Thanksgiving.
I do think 55 days before Christmas is a bit early to start running these films.
..
..

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:11:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Hi jim. I do not have a tv but remember the crazy programming. I love the therapy dog-- that pic is so adorable. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing it. K.

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Carol Campbell said...

Programming changes drastically at this time of year and if you don't like it you are out of luck! Love this!

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

(Comment posted before finished. Trying again.) The mention of those familiar programs brings a smile to my dial. And so do the story and photo of the therapy dog. What a great thing to do! I love her attentiveness.

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:53:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

I'm taken by the therapy dog episode. An attentive but quiet soul sitting beside someone so down with the 'disease' certainly is therapeutic! Thanks Dr Jim for highlighting this noble deed!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Wow! What an amazing gift to a child and adults who need the comfort of a pet. A big clap of gratitude.

 
At Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

How wonderful-I miss my beagle~ Thank you, for sharing-you touch my heart~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home