Sunday, September 06, 2015

Rabbit Bitten ~~ a Flash 55 poem today



A rabbit bit my toe
I could barely see him
through early morning's fog  
I could only stand there
Nibbled away he did,
fleshy green just for him  

Killed several of my friends
One bite, felled like timber
under the woodsman's axe  
Sneaked away, fog covered
sinful deed and hid his 
cowardly escape

Petrified daffodil 
 _ _ _ _

Poem and Photo Copyright © 2015, Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I am linked with




Kerry invited us to visit Dismaland, the anti-themepark brainchild of the artist known as Banksy, and in exactly 55 words add our poetic voice to his creative vision.  I made the visit but aren't sure I added much.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, September 06, 2015 7:26:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Pity the daffodils. They could only wait to be duly destroyed. At least the fog could make it easy for them! Clever twist Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Monday, September 07, 2015 8:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know how you feel. The deer got my flowers this year even though there is an abundance of vegetation around for them.

 
At Monday, September 07, 2015 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I guess the bunnies must eat too. Pity it is the garden flowers.

 
At Tuesday, September 08, 2015 8:04:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

Love your opening line! Lots of rabbits hopping around here but they don't seem to bother my flowers.

 
At Tuesday, September 08, 2015 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

It's scary when you're not the top of the food chain. Fun poem

 
At Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:21:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Daffodils.. they are usually safe from wildlife I thought.. At least the deer leave them alone.. Tulips are much worse...

 
At Tuesday, September 08, 2015 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Some animal knocks ours down. For my poem I assume it is the rabbits that I see eating and playing and that they eat the tender parts. We don't see any others though there could be possums, raccoons, or Texas armadillos.

 
At Wednesday, September 09, 2015 5:09:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Yeah those bunnies are darn hungry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home