Thursday, November 26, 2015

DREAD -- a Friday Challenge Poem

Dread.  Small word, one letter larger than read
But. It never has left me, no matter
No matter that I'm older than older
Fear with consequences unknown to me

I shudder, shiver, and shake a little
Really a lot but I can't make that known
Can't make it known because I'm in public
Grown men shouldn't be afraid.  No boogeyman

Still I feel helpless in her presence, awe!
Not a man; this lady sets me trembling
No switch nor blade nor gun does she carry
Her stature towers, ominous intrigue  

I meet her in tight places, like the lift
Woman, taller and younger than me. There!
Fear strikes, I dread this twosome encounter
Whenever, wherever she's there, I leave
_ _ _ _

Photos and Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved

Today I'm linking with Fireblossom at The Real Toads in the Imaginary Garden,
Fireblossom Friday: Dread

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, I'd quiver in her presence, too. From the looks of her in the picture, she is taller than an Amazon! I dig her groovy clothes, though! Good one, Jim!

 
At Friday, November 27, 2015 9:48:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Woman, taller and younger than me. There!
Fear strikes, I dread this twosome encounter

Elements possessed by such a being will impose certain provocations which she herself may not realize. Physical traits and strength of someone big can be very intimidating


Hank

 
At Friday, November 27, 2015 1:09:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

The fright in such a presence is intimidating - maybe it's our own insecurity feedin confidence that make her grow...

 
At Friday, November 27, 2015 2:14:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

This is like the hangover one feels from childhood fears--certain kinds of teachers! Understood. k.

 
At Friday, November 27, 2015 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

From the photograph, I can see that she is a stunner! Buck up, many must get tongue-tied around her. ;-)

 
At Friday, November 27, 2015 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, you have burst my bubble! You? Fearful of that string bean? Never ...

 
At Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:13:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

Whatever you do don't look up that news report on the mummified clown. Might stun you for good ~

 
At Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Like her outfit, but I wouldn't want to meet her in the shadows. Great write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home