Saturday, October 10, 2015

Deformity Cursed -- A micro poem for you tonight

Something Very Personal

I studied my naval in disbelief
There's no heavenly way this could be mine
Swollen beyond recognition. Can't be

Extended, distended, puckered outward
Yellowed worse than an ash tree in the fall
Red spots scattered indiscriminately

Oh dear, I sense an end to my love life
Would there be such a kind soul having me
How could one love me now? Worse than a wart

Not a nightmare, no.  Deformity cursed



_ _ _ _

Photo and Poem copyright 2015, Ó Jimmiehov.
All rights reserved.

Tonight I am linked to Kerry O'Conner at Up Close & Personal - Micro Poetry
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2015/10/up-close-personal-micro-poetry.html

Her challenge was to write an 'up close and personal' poem with only TEN lines, a Decastich.  
Mine is in Sonnetina Uno form:  http://www.thepoetsgarret.com/decastich.html

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, October 11, 2015 1:32:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh this is exactly a sight you don't want to see.. I cringed at the description and started to pick at my own navel..

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:01:00 AM, Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Low humour - pardon the pun. I am sure the navel has never been so intimately poeticised.

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:45:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm torn between laughter and sympathy, Jim.

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:49:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh dear! But delightfully penned, and such wit with the pictures.

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 6:39:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Early in the morning and I am laughing at the picture and ending of your poem Jim ~ Thanks for the smiles ~ Happy Sunday ~

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Written in wit.

Much love...

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:17:00 PM, Blogger Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Oh my--now I am thinking about my own distended navel!

 
At Monday, October 12, 2015 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha! I think many would like this kind of navel! Thanks, Jim! k.

 
At Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I'm with, Kerry!

 
At Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:47:00 AM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

Ah, such is the ?joy of ageing... (Did check my belly button and all seems well - for now!)
Anna :o]

 
At Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

why I had not come ?...love that I did it...!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home