Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Another unpromted poem - (Stay) Between the Lines


 Between the Lines

"Jimmy, stay between the lines," she told me
I'll always remember those crushing words
Edict from Hell, it hit me really hard
I was the one who wrote so large, freedom

Freedom like sleeping in the raw, naked
Naked this world I came, naked I'll sleep 
Freedom restrained, of sudden, freedom lost
Teacher from Hell tethered me to those lines

 
Made it through the school, then was teaching too
That cruel biddy who tamed my wandering hand?
She found religion there, learnt compassion
Itinerant magician saved her soul


It's  begun again, "Stay between the lines."
Driving still, "they" let me keep doing that
Admonishment I hear, from left and right
Though mostly right, "Don't park over the line"

Kind Lord, may the magician come again
And please save their souls, compassion they need
I'll drive till a hundred years I have seen
And may I keep some freedom with my lines
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Photos and Poem Copyright 2015, Ó Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 [You can click on a picture to view it 'full screen']
 [Back button will get you back here]

 
 
I'm linked today with 
 
 
 

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 07, 2015 1:39:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

"stay between the lines,"

That's what one hears.There is always the reminder to be cautious. Rules and regulations help to maintain semblance of order

Hank

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:04:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

It reminds me of being told in school when I was young to color inside the lines. I felt indignation and that also ended up in a poem.

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2015 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I'll drive till a hundred years I have seen
And may I keep some freedom with my lines.

Amen to that, Jim.

 
At Thursday, October 08, 2015 2:18:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think that there are lines that are there for a purpose, and those that are there to whip us to obedience.. alas for some all lines are equally important..

 
At Thursday, October 08, 2015 6:40:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. There are all kinds of lines--I think the ones on the roads are fairly important! But I agree that a little leeway must be given--a clever combination of factors here--thanks, Jim. k.

 
At Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:02:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

I would love encouragement with freedom of writing and living outside the lines. Very thought provoking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home