Sunday, April 12, 2015

About Carrying bags -- Day 12 of NaPoWriMo 2015



 Eight Ways of Thinking About Carrying
Three Grocery Bags

I
Look them over carefully
Could be rips and tears in the bags
Any Plastic? 
You know, when they ask, "Paper or Plastic?"

II
Pick them up and mentally weigh
No man should carry over twenty pounds
Women can carry a little more.

III
How far are we going to carry these
To the Tube will be fine
Rest along the way as needed

IV
A bus is different
Have to keep them out of the isle
or risk getting kicked off by the driver
Remember, your lap is only so big

V
Will it be raining or snowing
Use your large umbrella,
the sacks can't get wet
Most times they weaken
Rip themselves in despair

VI
Put the lightest on your arm
Carry the other two one in each hand
Can't wipe or rub your nose

VII
How about the wind
Got to keep stuff from blowing out
This would be the day to ask for an extra sack
Four won't be filled so near the top as three
If it blows out get a passerby to retrieve

VIII
Sit them on bench and call the kids
That son of yours thinks nothing of
carrying his cello strapped to his back
(Be nice, he isn't a spring chicken any more)

[click on pictures to enlarge, one or two times]
 
Photos and Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
 - Today I am linked with Heaven (aka Grace) 
, both for Day 12 of National Poem Writing Month
 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, April 12, 2015 11:24:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha.. The chores of not having three arms. So much to ponder before you buy. Maybe thats where it all starts.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 1:43:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

those shopping pull carts keep looking better ~

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 3:41:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I so enjoyed this! And boy, can I relate. I'm always trying to carry more shopping than I should.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

What a fun perspective. So true of me when I carry groceries. I try to make far to few trips and end up overburdened.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 6:04:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. This is very funny. I love the son with the cello. I used to carry so many bags in the City (NYC) that a cyst grew on my wrist from all the strain! It's a big issue! k.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

that's a delightful read...o my...

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely exquisite!! Loved reading it :D

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

No, no....women shouldn't carry them, smiles ~ If I have to carry them, it will only be up to the car waiting at the parking lot ~ This is fun to read Jim ~ Wishing you happy week ~

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I enjoyed your light-hearted approach to this prompt, Jim.

:-)

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

The poem(s) in groceries, such a unique spin on the challenge. I am always carrying as much as I can. Hate the dreaded back and forth of hauling groceries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home