Wednesday, July 30, 2014

..



Mother, Why?
 
Mother, why do I have to go
Seeing doctors is archaic
Why can't we just Skype him right now
We'd better put on some lipstick 

Girl, not so fast, do you hear me
The doctor needs to see you there
Wants to thunk your knee, see you jerk
Look down your throat and in your ears 

I'll open wide and you can thunk
He can see it all on the Skype
My friends do all that plus they text
Send my heart rate, temp, and BP 

Don't be silly, get in the car
He needs a lot more for your school
Feel your skin and poke your tummy
Take blood and your pee, give you shots 

No, I won't go, don't tell me more
To your room! Text me when you'll go
.
- - - - -
 
Picture, Poem Copyright 2009, 2014, © Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
Today I'm linked with Kerry at the Real Toads, Can You Hear Me? (link)

Kerry's challenged, "Our Challenge today is to consider this theme of alienation, what it means to really hear and respond to the needs of others ..."

The picture is of our Adi (beagle dog, may she RIP) on her way to the vet.  She knew where she was going and that really wasn't her first choice.  This picture was originally posted on my other blog, February 21, 2009, as Adi Can ... Have a hard day  (link)

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Text me when you're sane!

There's a very telling commentary of the world we live in today - though I do feel for the dog!

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Dog/teen seem much the same in your poem. I can remember when the doctor came to our home!

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I love the dialogue aspect of this poem, Jim!!

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

So much truth in this...The dog even seems to be nonplussed by the demand to get "real."

 
At Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:58:00 AM, Blogger avalon said...

This is so funny, Jim. And I so agree with the girl. Hate doctors' waiting rooms and it can all be done oer the phone or better still, skyping. Great view point.

 
At Friday, August 01, 2014 10:55:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa! If only our pets could skype and text, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home