Thursday, April 11, 2024

My Pen -- a Poem for Friday Writings #122, Link and for NaPoWriMo 2024 Day Eleven

        [click on pictures for lartger size viewing]
        
      Ode to My Pen 

My pen, you are a trusty bud 
You're always a ready helper  
Mostly write what you'd never 
never thought possible 
Like a note to mother, working a 
puzzle, stick behind my ear 

Plucked you out of a cup at the bank 
More there but you were the one I saw 
Kind of like love at the first sight 
Even the store with gobs of pens 
Stores have oodles of others to choose 
I know you friends at the bank have me  

Pretty, black with somber green 
Hanging out my front pocket always 
You write so smoothly with black ink 
Black to match your color, goes well 
The clip I let show, how proud I am 
The folks are envious, you are so special 

I lend you out to the Mrs. and others 
I watch every thing they write 
Making sure they give you back 
They like you too, ask for you always 
Kidnaper some are known 
Into their pockets they'd thrust, I won't let 

And when night falls you are the first 
First to brush your teeth, put up your hair 
A special spot on my little night chest top 
You guard my expensive watch and 
ever present chapstick, too draped in black 
Smart phone is always your last bud to show 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo 2024 Day Eleven, at 
 - On Day Nine NaPoWriMo had suggested writing an ode 'to an object'.  I had something else to write that day, but the idea sounded good.  I'm doing that prompt idea here tonight.  I don't write many odes but like them much.  Here goes . . . 
 - I am also linked with Bjorn with dVerse Open Link #360 at 
 - Click here to see how others have written for Open Link  
.. 

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Friday, April 12, 2024 1:03:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

I write on my laptop... been a while since I used a pen for anything other than maybe filling a form where they still insist on a paper trail!!!

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 2:03:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I'm like Rajani nowadays, but I do remember a time when I was devoted to certain pens, and also good paper!

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 2:58:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I still like to write with a fountain pen and purple ink, Jim.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 3:19:00 AM, Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'm all for pens for the first draft. The computer is for the tidy-up phase. Nicely written.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 8:28:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Alas I am very bad at using my pen.... my keyboard is what I prefer.... it would be cool to have such a relatable tool.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 8:33:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

Your special pen was a pick out of many that brings you comfort daily while I have several forlorn, neglected, and scattered all about my house. :)

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I keep a note pad and pen next to my bed, I've been known to compose many a poem in a dream-like state .. last night being a prime example. I have given thought to keeping my cell turned on to 'video' in case I want to record what I just dreamt.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 11:55:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

They come and go, reproduce or commit mutiny it seems to me. Mine fon't brush their teeth. I love a good one.

 
At Friday, April 12, 2024 12:23:00 PM, Blogger alan1704 said...

yes you cant beat a great pen and like me you love yours! Keep writing !

 
At Saturday, April 13, 2024 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

That is a splendid pen!

 
At Monday, April 15, 2024 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

An ode to your faithful pen. Nice

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2024 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

I love your ode to a pen!! A very important instrument and worthy of its very own ode. I always pluck those pens out of the bank's cups!!

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2024 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

It's nice to have a good, reliable pen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home